Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Can dogs contract pubic lice "Crabs" from a human or from laying on bedding that a person who has crabs used?

I have 2 dogs, the oldest (1y 6m) is half shih tzu half lhasa apso and the youngest (4m) is a mini pinscher. My roommate had company a few weeks ago stay here while the roommate was out of town, this person was only here about 3 days, but a week later when I went to change the roommates bedding I noticed there were pubic lice "Crabs" on the sheets.. I am worried now because my dogs may have entered the roommates room and they like to lay on the bed.. Can they catch and possibly spread this pubic lice to each other or possibly to myself or one of the two roommates? The dogs are given flee and tick medicine monthly that i put on them myself, it is the liquid kind that you place at their neck and down their backs a little ways.. I can not find any information on the package where it states it helps prevent anything other than flees or ticks. Any information would be greatly appreciated..

No comments:

Post a Comment