Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Crooked knee cap? surgery?

Ok so ive had an issue with my knees sense i was 16. i first popped my knee cap out when i was 16 and the doctor told me i hyper extend both my knees and that i would have to take physical therapy and work on not hyper extending my knee. so i go through physical therapy and ive worked on not extending my knee which im successful at most of the time. The issue is even after physical therapy i still had problems with my knee. I have frequent pain, swelling, and popping and clicking. I let it go though and just tried to take pain medicine and just keep going. Last april my knee cap popped out again i had to quit my job and ive been in physical therapy sense. I didn't mention the popping and clicking or pain and swelling that i keep having but last friday when they were doing massage therapy they noticed that my knee cap was crooked i knew something had been wrong with it sense the first tie my knee popped out. My physical therapist says i have to see the doctor again. What im wondering is if there going to do surgery this time or not? im kinda on the fence about having surgery i want my knee to be stable and fine again but im already out of a job and my dad is losing his job july 21st i even had to stop being a vegetarian because we cant afford my replacement meals or vitamins anymore im having serious stomach pains and heartburn for eating meat again. My insurance will cover the surgery so the money doesn't worry me so much but i have bills to pay and im so miserable eating meat again i would really love to hurry up and get a job again so i can pay my bills and by my own groceries again. so is there a chance im going to need surgery and if so how long will it take me to bounce back and get to work. Ive been in physical therapy for almost 3 months now and there very little improvement so is it going to be that long if i have the surgery? I also want to ask if anyone knows what kind of surgery they might perform like what i should expect? any information would be very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment