Monday, July 11, 2011

How to get rid of an insect-phobia by myself?

I did this it took me six years - I was intent on making a relationship with spiders because they frighten me to the point where I could kill them and I never wanted to do that - My first step was to name all parts of the fear and then own it all as mine and not the insects fault - Most of my fear was the speed at which they move I started to read up on insects and how amazing they are as life forms - so successful & I started to like them at a distance then I made myself tolerate them in the same room - its hard but I took it a step at a time - I think I could have made it a shorter time if I had got help but it was interesting how I made progress - I wouldn't say I'd keep insects as pets but I tolerate their presence now (and they tolerate mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment