Sunday, July 17, 2011

Can I terminate my lease early if there is a gnat infestation they are failing to resolve?

I have had a gnat problem for over two months now, and I just put it to their attention last month, they sprayed the outside of the buildings, and no change there, and they sprayed the inside last week, and there is also no change, we have also tried fogging the place ourselves twice, and it did nothing. I can't relax at home, prepare or eat food, or even use the bathroom without gnats swarming around me, flying in my nose, and attacking my face. I also feel that I am getting bit by them, and I read that they are harmful if they bite you because they have so much bacteria. Can I terminate my lease early without any charges? The gnats aren't the only problem, there is so many things wrong with this apartment. None of the outlets are safe, the plates fall off, the water heater and furnace are completely dust covered and look very unsafe. The caulking around the tub was poorly done and is probably growing mold. This seems very dangerous to me, and I need to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment