Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My almost 5 year old is scared of every bug or insect that he comes across, he literally shakes and cries?

My little boy seems to have a very unhealthy fear of all bugs and insects. He cries and shakes uncontrollably if one is in the car or one flies near him outside. It is starting to make it difficult to do normal things such as driving and just going outside. He gets the other children at his daycare upset when he starts to get hysterical about a bug and it's disruptive to others. I have tried bug books, having his own bug killer( fly swatter) puzzles with bugs, fake foam bugs, stickers with bugs, clothes with bugs on them. I am seriously at my wits end because i don't want to yell at him for a fear he has no control over but i can't take the hysterical screaming if a gnat or fly get in the car or a moth flies in the house. Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment